Evington Hall is in need of a custodian.
Evington Hall is a two storey muti-tenant office suite with 28 suites, two meeting rooms, 5 washrooms.
This is an ideal job for someone who is retired and wants to earn some extra money, or, you are currently working independently but need to add a steady customer. The job entails three main components:
- Building Maintenance/Handyman
- Groundskeeping – all seasons.
Cleaning – about 3 days a week in the evening
Tasks would include:
- emptying out the garbage, recycle bins, and shredder bins
- sweeping and mopping
- cleaning washrooms
Handyman – Building Maintenance
Tasks would include on an as per need basis:
- change light bulbs
- set up / move / repair furniture – time to time (with assistance available)
- basic plumbing (leaky taps, toilet valves)
- changing furnace filters
- check on and switching batteries on emergency lighting
- putting up shelves, picture frames, whiteboards, corkboards, clothing hooks.
- ordering supplies for cleaning, groundskeeping, and building maintenance.
In the winter months:
- plow the parking lot
- plow and salt the walkways
In the spring, summer, and fall
- cut the grass and do grass edging
- trim any hedges
- prune trees
- water plants (manually in no-reach places and using sprinkler system)
- maintain flower beds and potted plants
The pay rate is negotiable based on experience – but we are looking at $17/hr as a start. We envision the duties will involve at least three days a week in the evenings for cleaning and basic maintenance and going to 4 or 5 days some weeks when factoring in groundskeeping/seasonal building maintenance as needed.
If you are interested, please send a list of your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide a call back number so we can contact you!
NO CLEANING COMPANIES OR LANDSCAPING COMPANIES PLEASE.